Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Breast Milk and Burp Cloths

Emma Grace is 2 months old!  We had her two month appointment this morning and she's 13.4lbs (95th percentile) and 23 1/2" long.  She's my little Chunkster (only time is her life that being called a Chunkster is acceptable by the way)  She's also proving to be a little bit more of a needier baby then Jack was.  She needs constant movement if she is isn't sleeping and sleeping is something that she doesn't do easily.  
But when she smiles and 3 chins come out of no where it's all worth it! 
 I'm still personally holding my breath on her hair color, everyone thinks it's red and my fingers are crossed. And her eyes are still blue.  I swear if I don't end up with at least one blue eyed kid I'm trading my husband in for another blue eyed man.
  Actually all I really want is enough hair to put bow in -  and until that day comes I'll continue to stockpile bows like it's the end of the girly universe. 
 So....I'm going to get on my soapbox for a minute because well this is my blog and I should start using in that way from time to time. So if 1 of the 4 people who read this blog doesn't want to hear about it then stop reading now because I'm going into full boobie mode. 

We've made it 2 months fully breastfeeding, and even though the breast milk police may come after me I'm going to scream it....BREASTFEEDING IS HARD! 

(phew there I said it)

It's not at all the "natural" experience I was hoping for.  I don't know if I was just delusional and thought that after the bad experience I had with Jack that the boobie gods would bless me with an easier experience. No, it's been road block after road block.  But we're both fighters and we're going to fight for it.  

So a note to the woman that breastfeeds standing on her head while doing the dishes singing kum-bi-ya, this may come as 2nd nature to you but this is real life and to me and my baby this is going to be an uphill battle. But breastfeeding is a decision I know I'll feel good about one day. 

And a note to the woman that finds it to be the most difficult thing they've ever done in their life - you are normal and don't be afraid to talk about how unnatural it is for you - it was the furthest thing from "natural" for me and Emma but that's what's going to make us stronger and we'll get through this...together. 



No comments:

Post a Comment