Saturday, September 1, 2012

An Evening in Cold Springs

Cold springs is just one of those towns you just don't see anymore.  There isn't a Walmart or a Chilli's,
it's only small mom and pop shops with unique
gifts and everyday needs.
I feel like I need a partridge family song 
playing in the back ground as we walk down Main Street.
Yeah they have a Main Street, 
can't get much more apple pie than that. 
After stopping in a shop or two we walked down to the
Cold Springs Train Depot Restaurant

We asked for a seat tucked away in the back just incase one of our children have an embarrassing Oh-my-god-throw-myself-on-the-ground temper tantrum but neither one did.
Come to think of it, it's very rare that that ever happens but now that I type that on a blog intended for the world to see you'll be sure that the next time we're out in
public this type of tantrum will happen.
We were sitting right on ground level to the train tracks so every time a train was about to come by they would beep their horn and Jack would make this face....
He would then look up at me and say.....
"oh mama train is comin"
And then watch it go by in half shock / half terror mode.  
Jack was in his train obsessed glory.
Oh my smiley, smiley Emma.
And what summer night is complete without ice cream.  I let Jack pick out his flavor again and he asked for Chocolate Chip so that's what we had. 
Then Chris worked it off by pushing 100lbs of kid and stroller back up Main street, thank god for husbands.
This was just one of those perfect summer night that I will always remember and I hope that my kids
will do with their kids one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment