Sunday, September 9, 2012

Thomas, we have a problem...

This post is dedicated to my son's addiction...
Thomas the Train.
Okay, Okay, I know what your going to say...how bad could an addiction to an imaginary talking train be?  
IT'S BAD!!!
I've been scouring the Internet looking for a 
TTA group to put my son in. 

Oh what is TTA?

Thomas the Train Anonymous.

I've never seen a little boy so obsessed with anything more in his entire life. 
Once I tested this phenomenon. 

I bought him a train for Easter and it wasn't a train that was(to my knowledge at the time, I know better now) popular in the tv series and all I did was hand it to him, he took one look at that tiny face on the front of the train and exclaimed "EDWARD!"
To us uneducated adults even though they may be the same color and all the faces may look the same to my completely obsessed toddler they look as different as your mother and father. 
As soon as we mention a car ride to the store, a dinner plate on the table or a mid day nap Jack scoops up as many trains as his little chubby hands can hold and brings them 
wherever he needs to go.
It's a borderline talent that he can hold as many as 7 trains at a time. 


 We have so many trains that whenever we go anywhere we need to put them into another container to travel with them or we will fight with an epic melt down.
Lines them up, makes them go through a tunnel, drives them across a bridge, talks to them before he puts his head down to sleep, whichever way he plays with them he treats them like friends. 

 Like our education system we have a similar program in our house, it's called "No Train Left Behind"

If one goes rouge we'll spend much of our free time to search for them.  Looking under the couch, in the car or calling to see if they're at Mema's house is something Chris and I have done many, many  times. We even have a train roll call at the end of the night to make sure that come morning Jack isn't asking for the only train that's missing. 
And how do we handle this addiction?

We go to Strasbourg Pennsylvania next Saturday to spend the day with the real live Thomas the Train!  Jack is going to fall over as soon as he sees the life size Thomas and even take a ride on him.  I can't wait to feed my son's insatiable hunger for these trains next weekend because I know the moment he sets his eyes on Thomas will be the best moment of my two year olds life.

I'm positive that we'll come back a few trains heavier and a few dollars lighter. 

And even though these trains could be the reason why we're late to go see Thomas on Saturday I still love that Chris and I are fortunate enough to give Jack this gift. 

2 comments:

  1. Im glad you finally recognized this as an addiction and feeding him the real thing this weekend :) Haha...should be interesting to say the least!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! Love it and SO understand. Declan isn't even 18 months yet and he can identify (by name) the trains from b&w line drawings in a Thomas coloring book. And of course he gets mad if I say the wrong name. Kid can't say "Grandma" but will yell "Cranky and Bullstrode!" Its baby crack.

    Have an awesome trip! You are going to make him so happy!

    ReplyDelete