Saturday, September 1, 2012

Jesus is Emma's Homeboy

Last Sunday we hosted Emma's Baptism. 
Days like this I always freak out the night before that I'm going to show up at the church and have gotten the date wrong, or go to the restaurant with a small army of people and they won't have my reservation correct, or worse....
forget to match my shoes to my handbag. 

All legitimate concerns in my opinion.

But I thank baby Jesus none of that happened and 
we had a wonderful day.




  We started with the tradition of 
the Godmother dressing Emma.  

I couldn't be more grateful to have a friend like Steph.  We've known each other since sixth grade and at times she knows me better then I know myself.  So It was a no brainer when I had to choose a Godmother for Emma. She's been amazing to me and my children and I know she will be in my family until we're crotchidy old ladies. 
So I asked her to be the Godmother of Emma.

Emma is wearing me and my sister's christening gown which means that it's 32 years old.  My mother kept it in such great condition and I can't wait to pass it on to 
Emma's babies one day. 
Since Emma STILL HAS NO hair (ugh!)I went out and bought $30 worth of headbands.  
We settled on a white headband with a bow as big as her large Irish head for the ceremony.  

 And since the church ceremony wasn't the attention grabber that Jack expected he got to watch Elmo with his cousins.
 Emma did better then Jack did at his Christening. Which doesn't say much because Jack screamed his head 
off during his baptism 
This must have been this Decon's first Baptism because he seemed very nervous and poured Holy water in Emma's eye. 
But she handled it like a woman and we all carried on.
 Yet another family photo where only one of us is even turned towards the camera.
 Here is us with Steph and Chris' cousin Sean 
who we asked to be Emma's God Father. 
He and his wife Justine bought Emma the perfect silver cross that she wore all day and will be able to have as a keepsake.  
 Okay we have 3 of us looking at the camera....getting better.
Emma, Me and Aunt Steph 
Emma, Aunt Steph and Sean 
Aunt Lauren, Emma and Mario 
Mae, Mae and Emma 
MeMa, Papa and Emma
 Since the ceremony took place during Jacks' nap time he fell asleep in the car and was put to 
sleep on the restaurant floor.
And if you look closely the price tag is still on Jack's belt...mom of the year right here! 
All of Grandma Barabara's grandchildren.   
It's been years since all my cousins were together in one place and felt good to be able to 
give my Grandma this picture. 
Aunt Lauren giving Emma some Love 
My Grandma Albina, her children, her grandchildren
and her great grandchildren.
 
 I only wish I can be as lucky as my Grandma Albina to have 
this much love around me one day. 
Since Emma is quite the Diva we did an costume change.  
Another tradition is for the Godmother to buy the gown and since we used my gown for the ceremony Steph bought Emma a beautiful gown for the party and she chose a cute pick rose for her hair.

When we put Emma in her Christening gown Chris turned to me and said, next time she's in a white dress 
will be at her wedding....

 That gave me goosebumps. 
Emma and Her Godparents
 Pictures like this touch me.  

They aren't staged or forced, it shows real love and emotion and I'm grateful to have been able to catch this moment in a picture.
 One day my babies will be all grown up and life happens quickly and I'll have photos like 
this to look back at. 
Sophia giving Jack some love 
Grandma Barbara and Grandma Albina
and their Great Grand daughter.
 
After the entire day was over, Chris and I looked at each other and let out a big sigh that we did it.  We threw a nice party and  got our family and friends together to celebrate our baby girl.  

1 comment:

  1. It was a hectic day even for me! Everything was wonderful and we couldnt have asked for a prettier day! Thanks again for allowing me the honor to be Emma's Godmother. Xoxo.

    ReplyDelete