Sunday, July 8, 2012

Day of "Prizes"

Today was the day of "prizes" which is what Jack calls presents. 
Chris put together his play house and Jack got a kick out of the doorbell that really rings and a cordless phone that sounds like a real phone.  When I was little I got a doll that I had to make believe talked.  
I guess imagination comes with 4 AAA batteries now a days. 
Doesn't Jack look like he's Gordon Gekko 
trading stocks in this photo. 
(It's always a good day when you can reference an '80s movie to describe your 2 year old)
 Then I bought Jack a Fun play table with sand and water with boats that actually float.
In the store I gazed at the front of the box day dreaming that Jack would look like that little boy in the photo making a sand castle and nicely pouring water in the funnel while laughing but in real life Jack flung the sand and water all over the deck and himself. Not my best purchase.   
 This is Chris's "have fun cleaning that up" face. 

 Then to round the day of prizes off we adopted another train for our collection.  My mom bought Jack "Edward" and he played with him for the rest of the afternoon.  Jack can easily play with his trains all day.  Lining them up and making them go on the tracks, it's so great to watch him play with them.  
It really puts a smile on my face.  
 And speaking of smiles, I can't forget Ms. Emma - she was watching the whole day of prizes unfold.  She is such a fat and happy baby.  I think she grew another roll today but still NO HAIR!   
Ugh, at this rate I'm going to have to start putting bows on Murphy.

2 comments:

  1. Dex has that house! Its pretty darn cute. He will completely stop playing and just ring that doorbell for 20 minutes though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! she grew another role. hilar.

    ummm, i would like a day of prizes. i am going to insist that at least one day a week is a day of prizes upon which kyle buys me betsey dresses and sparkly things.

    ReplyDelete