Sunday, July 15, 2012

Full Time Employee....Part Time Mom?

Tomorrow morning I join the land of the "working-dead".  The every day routine of getting up and going to a job, coming home eating dinner with your family and 
then going to bed only to do it all over again the next day. 

It actually sort of seems maddening when I think about it.
  
You remember when you were little and people would ask you what you wanted to be, and you said an astronaut, fireman or a princess well ever since I figured out that I color inside the lines pretty well I've wanted to be an artist.  
I probably am one of the few people that can say I absolutely love what I do. 
But after having my babies and spending 12 weeks to get to know them and help them figure out this crazy life I find it harder and harder to leave them to go back to an honest paying job.
  
I know I'm not alone feeling this. 

There has to be mamas out there that have thought about leaving their dream jobs to be with there babies. I love where I work and the people I work with so it makes it easier to go back and join them. You spend so much time with them, they really do become a second family to you and I honestly miss them. 
I'm also very fortunate to have my own mother and mother-in-law to help me and Chris raise our babies.  I am SO grateful and lucky to have such a wonderful family.  It makes it a little easier to leave them with two people that love them as much as I do.  
 So how does a woman balance the two,  Her amazing job and her amazing babies?  Is there time in the day to do both jobs well?  Or does one always take a back seat to the other?  These are questions I'm sure a lot of mamas have asked themselves and I struggle to find the answers to everyday. 

 There really isn't a stronger love for anything then what I have for my babies. 

Tonight I'll be praying for a smooth morning, Emma sleeping through the night (yeah right) and the strength to be able to do both jobs fully and with as little tears as I can (hopefully).  

Mama loves you both and she'll be home as soon as she can!  

1 comment:

  1. ahhh... this made me sad. why can't we have our cake and eat it, too? it's hard being a woman and feeling like you have to pick between a career and being a mommy.

    p.s. emma is super baby.

    p.p.s. i signed up to follow your blog. now i can give you lots of blog love.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete