Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Its Impossible to count her smiles

Ms. Emma turned 3 months old today and her eyes are 
still blue YAY!!  
Chris may have hope of staying my husband after all
 She's still only got 4 strands of hair so I resort to headbands that I buy or make myself.  In these pictures I put a newborn size headband on her - and with her gigantic irish skull they come close to cutting off circulation....but she looks pretty.  
 So you know how when people don't sleep and they 
become slap happy?  
They're always smiling and laughing at everything even if it's not remotely funny....

I believe this is Emma. 

She is so smilie and she sleeps so little, it's the only conclusion I can come to.
But we're both adjusting to the choppy sleep patterns and I hope sleeping is something she'll master soon. 
 
 
She's also such a nosey little thing, she always wants to be in the middle of everything and if she's bored she'll let you know with what I call her high pitch "get me the hell out of this thing" cry.  It was really alarming the first couple of times but now I know that if she's done in the exer-saucer she'll let me know that we need to move onto the next activity with this blood curdling yell. 
And today is the 3 month anniversary of our breastfeeding journey.  Which took me by surprise with how much of a commitment it is, but I think we've hit a stride and both of us are more confident now then 3 months ago.  I read this article: So I Nursed Him Every 45 Minutes recently and I found such truth in it so if your into boobie talk and/or feeding your baby give it a read.  

(If you haven't noticed I learned how to use the "Link" button on my blog - I'm so going to be the best blogger)

Side note it's my Mom's birthday today and I truly never realized how much you appreciate your own mom until I became one so, to my Mom: I love you, Thank you for everything you do for me and my family and Happy 37th Birthday!

3 comments:

  1. Love you and my little munchkins!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 3 months to your beautiful Emma! I love her happy face :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. i didn't have any hair until i was about two years old. so the fact that emma has a few strands right now is a good sign.

    ummm, not to be weird, because i know i've said this a hundred times to you already, but you are seriously my inspiration when it comes to being hot after having a baby. does chris realize how lucky he is? if not, i will be sure to tell kyle to tell him.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete